Complete CV (PDF), last update: October 27, 2016
Position and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Co-Director, Penn Neurodegeneration Genomics Center (PNGC)
- Co-Director, Genome Center for Alzheimer’s Disease (GCAD)
- PI, NIA Genetics of Alzheimer’s Disease Data Storage Site (NIAGADS)
- Secondary Faculty, Computer and Information Science (CIS) and Genetics
- Chair, Graduate Group in Genomics and Computational Biology (GCB)
- 07/2003-12/2006: Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania.
Advisor: Junhyong Kim.
- 09/1998-05/2003: Ph.D., Computer Sciences, University of Texas at Austin.
Advisor: Tandy Warnow.
Dissertation Title: Large-Scale Phylogenetic Analysis.
- 09/1994-06/1996: M.S., Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University.
Advisor: Tzi-Dar Chiueh.
- 06/1994: B.S., Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University.
We are grateful for the support of our funding institutions. The following are some major awards where my lab plays important roles in.
- The NIA Genetics of Alzheimer’s Disease Data Storage Site (NIAGADS), NIH/NIA (U24-AG041689), 04/2017–06/202, $7,731,763 total. Role: PI.
- Coordinating Center for Genetics and Genomics of Alzheimer’s Disease (CGAD), NIH/NIA (U54-AG052427 ), 04/2016–02/2021, $10,801,796 total. Role: PI. Contact MPI: Gerard Schellenberg.
- Computational Genome-wide RNA Profiling Using Next-Generation Sequencing, NIH/NIGMS R01 (R01-GM099962), 09/2013–05/2017, $1,560,000 total. Role: PI.
- Consortium for Alzheimers Sequence Analysis (CASA), NIH/NIA (UF1-AG047133), 07/2013-06/2017, $12,638,607 total over four years. Role:Core C Co-Leader. Contact MPI: Gerard D. Schellenberg
- Alzheimer’s Disease Genetics Consortium, NIH/NIA U01 (U01-AG032984), 04/2009–03/2020, $4,308,755 total each year. Role:Co-PI (data management and IT), PI: Gerard Schellenberg.
I also keep a complete list of grants that support our research.